Tuesday, February 21, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 5 Blue

So we're almost done with the "Colors" section of our Challenge.  Today, the two of us have brought you our Blue nails!

J's Nails

So for my blue nails, somehow I returned to paler colors?  I don't know what my recent obsession is with all these light/bright colors for this challenge when all I'm craving is dark.  Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something...  I dunno.  I'm justifying it by saying that I really wanted to try out my other new Lynnderella, Gotta Love Brains, and needed something lighter to go with it.

Anyways, I really wanted to try out the chevron nail again.  But, this time around I did a big V shape the size of my nail.  The small V is Butter London Diamond Geezer, the middle is Butter London Royal Navy, and the top is Zoya Kristen.  I tried taping off the Vs and painting them in stages that way.  For some reason, I was really having trouble with it.  So despite the fact that my nail art skills aren't the greatest, I decided to freehand the Vs.  I am happy to report:  it came out pretty good!  Even when using my non-dominant hand!

Since I was dying to test out Lynnderella Gotta Love Brains, I decided to do an accent nail on my ring finger.  I put Zoya Kristen over the whole nail and covered it with Gotta Love Brains.  Because the Lynnderella is on the sheer side, this combo gave it a bluer color.  I must say though that after the glitter overload (in a really good way) of Funny Money, I expected more glitter than there was in this one.  But it's not bad, Gotta Love Brains looks great and I love it.  I have this thing for greys in all things.



Also, I'm excited this chevron look came out looking good, better than my last attempt.  I'm thinking of experimenting with more combos.  And I have some more ideas for zig zags all over my nails to make a chevron pattern over my whole nail.  I'll keep ya updated if I try anything!



K's Nails

For my blue nails I used another Valentine's gift, Sephora by OPI Teal We Meet Again and on my accent finger I used Lynnderella Chocolotta Love.  Chocolotta Love is one of the coolest glitters I own now.  Its in a dark brown base with glitter pieces of orange, red, blue, turquoise, green and purple.  Along with teeny brown glitter pieces.  I love it.  There's so many more combinations I want to do with it.  The Sephora by OPI is also beautiful.  My boyfriend was so excited to give it to me.  Its one of his favorite colors and he was even more excited to hear I had nothing like it in my vast collection. And the longer I wear it, the more I love it. I matted the teal and put a good coat of Seche Vite over the glitter to make it stand out a little more.  For the matte I used a coat of Essie Matte About You.  I like the non-monochromatic that this mani is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read the comments and see what people think! Thanks so much for doing so! :)